Sicor International Ltd Continuity Plan – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In light of the corona virus outbreak Sicor International LTD have prepared a statement to clarify continuity of supply.
Firstly, Sicor International LTD will continue to follow guidelines set out by the U.K. government and the World Health Organisation.
At the time of writing, UK business is continuing as normal and we maintain stocks of our most regular products.
- (Update 08/04/2020) Our raw materials are all manufactured within Europe and our main rope factory Sicor SA at present started production again but at 30% capacity see below from Filipe Rola CEO Sicor SA Portugal.
- The netting and twine factory Sicornete has currently not been affected so the products are still being manufactured and being despatched.
- We have access to a database of carrier companies that can be used in the event of any disruption.
- All our office personnel are able to work from home remotely.
The only delays we can see possibly occurring in the UK at present are as below:
- If Bridport/Aberdeen warehouse staff were to be affected then there may be a delay in goods leaving the warehouse.
- If staff in the Bridport factory are affected, lead times on in house manufactured goods may be increased.
Any updates on the above will be issued by way of letter, or on our website.
Sicor International LTD.
SICOR SA Portugal: COVID-19 Situational Update
Our government has decreed the extension of the sanitary fence in the Municipality of Ovar for another fifteen days. However, our industries have been given permission to work at 30% capacity starting today!
Our number one concern is -always- the protection and the health of our employees and customers! In this sense, we are implementing all the preventive measures and actions imposed by our Government in order to protect all those who interact directly with the company, whether they are employees, suppliers, customers or partners. We are also implementing additional actions to disinfect and sanitize common spaces, as well as supervising the use of mandatory protection tools such as gloves, masks and physical distance between our employees.
In light of the current situation, we have a duty to inform that we cannot guarantee compliance with all the delivery deadlines normally established, especially in the areas most affected by the pandemic. We are working on the situation to ensure that any delays are reported as quickly as possible.
The entire SICOR team is united and working hard to overcome this difficult moment! We will continue to monitor the situation very closely for developments, so that we can respond as quickly and effectively as possible. As always, we are doing everything in our power to satisfy your needs and firmly believe that together we will surpass this difficult time.
We will see you soon.
Chief Executive Officer